This is a simple fix. Just go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc and delete all the files there. Then try accessing the internet again with Chrome.
Fix 2: Clear Chrome’s host cache
If Chrome’s host cache is corrupt or too full, you may not be able to access any websites. This is a very common cause of the problem, and quite an easy one to fix:
1) Open Chrome and type chrome://net-internals/#dns in the address bar, press Enter on your keyboard, then click the Clear host cache button.
2) Check to see if the problem is resolved.
Fix 3: Update your drivers
Sometimes the server DNS error is caused by an outdated, incorrect or corrupt driver – or more than one – that’s blocking your internet access to certain sites. So you should ensure all your drivers are correct, updated and in good health:
Automatic driver update (recommended)
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for all your computer’s cards and components. You don’t need to know anything about your computer or its devices, and there’s no risk of installing the wrong driver or making a mistake when installing:
2) Run Driver Easy and clickScan Now. Driver Easy will scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click theUpdate button next to each flagged device or Update All to automatically download and install the correct version ofthe drivers that are missing or out of date on your system. (‘Update All’ requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All – Pro comes with full support and a 30-day money back guarantee.)
Manual driver update (advanced users)
If you’d prefer not to update your drivers automatically as described above, you can do it manually. This is an advanced method, and you should attempt this only if you’re very comfortable working on computers. To update your drivers manually, for each device, visit the manufacturer’s website and searching for the most recent correct driver for your operating system. Note that for some drivers, you may need to try both the manufacturer of your PC and also the manufacturer of the component itself.
Fix 4: Change your DNS server settings
If your DNS server settings are configured incorrectly, you may not be able to access the internet. Follow steps below to set them correctly.
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time.
2) Type control panel in the empty box and click OK:
3) View by Small icons then click Network and Sharing Center:
4) Click Change adapter settings:
5) Right-click on the connection icon (either Local Area Connection or Wireless Network Connection), then click Properties:
6) Click Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) then click Properties:
7) In General tab, do one of the following, depending on whether ‘Obtain DNS server address automatically’ is already selected. Either:
a) If Obtain DNS server address automatically is NOT already selected, select it, then click OK:
b) If ‘Obtain DNS servers address automatically’ IS already selected, select Use the following DNS server address instead, then enter the following server address and click OK:
Preferred DNS server: 126.96.36.199 Alternate DNS server: 188.8.131.52
8) Check to see if the problem is resolved.
Fix 5: Renew and flush the DNS
Windows automatically stores the IP addresses of the websites you visit, so they open faster the next time you visit them. But if this cache becomes outdated or corrupt, it can stop you from accessing the internet altogether. To see if this is what’s causing your problem, simply renew and flush the DNS:
1) Press Windows+R on your keyboard.
2) Type cmd then press Ctrl+Shift+Enter to open an administrator Command Prompt. (Don’t just press Enter or click OK as that won’t open the command prompt in administrator mode.)
3) Type ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter on your keyboard:
4) Type ipconfig /renew and press Enter on your keyboard:
5) Type ipconfig /registerdns and press Enter on your keyboard:
6) Reboot your PC and see if the problem is resolved.
Hopefully one of these solutions will fix your network error. Please let us know if you have any questions or comments.